- Vision & Purpose
- Our Values
- Our Work
- Commitment to Quality
- Organisational Documents
- Our Trustees
Get in Touch
13 Whitethorn Street London E3 4DA
Tel: 020 7510 1081
Fax: 020 7537 7944
Vision & Purpose
Mind in Tower Hamlets and Newham has a vision of society where people with mental health and emotional needs are accepted and included without fear of stigma and discrimination. We want to work towards a society where service users’ needs and ambitions are supported and where people with mental health and emotional needs are free from stigma and discrimination. We believe that everyone has the right to access comprehensive services which enables them to reach their full potential and to work towards their recovery
The overall aim of Mind in Tower Hamlets and Newham is to work in partnership with people and communities to promote and support mental health, wellbeing, resilience and recovery and to challenge stigma.
We seek to do this by five key methods:
1. Provision of direct services
2. Commitment to mental health wellbeing, resilience and recovery
3. Raising awareness and reducing stigma
4. Development of creative partnerships and close working relations with others
5. Influencing and Campaigning.
We do this by:
• Actively involving our service users in service development, delivery, design and evaluation
• Promoting the interests, rights, choices and wellbeing of people within Tower Hamlets and Newham with lived experience of mental health issues
• Campaigning to reduce the stigma and discrimination associated with mental health
• Providing effective local services, sensitive to the diverse cultures and individual needs
• Delivering services with a recovery and wellbeing approaches
• Providing high quality, welcoming and accessible services in a variety of settings
• Working in partnership with organisations in the voluntary and statutory sector to develop and promote services and opportunities that encourage independence, enhance quality of life and promote recovery.
• Influencing strategy and decisions made at a local and national level affecting mental health communities and commissioning intentions.
- Our WorkTake a look at the work we are doing in the local area
DonationsSupport our work and make a difference
VacanciesFind out about opportunities to join our team
ReviewsWe want to hear about your experience