- Advocacy Volunteer
- Mental Health First Aid
- Volunteer Peer Leader Co-ordinator
- Volunteer Group Administrator
- Clinical Placement Opportunities - NBS
- Clinical Placement Opportunities Generic
- Corporate Partners
- Fundraising for us
- Executive Committee
Get in Touch
13 Whitethorn Street London E3 4DA
Tel: 020 7510 1081
Fax: 020 7537 7944
Mental Health First Aid
Developed in Australia and now internationally recognised in 23 countries, Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) courses will:
- Help employees to start conversations about mental wellbeing
- Ensure the right support is available for employees when they need it
- Teach participants to recognise the crucial warning signs of mental health issues, and the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues
- Teach participants how to guide someone effectively towards the right support, providing help on a first aid basis
- Help build a mentally healthy workplace
- Ensure particpants can identify stigma and discrimation surround mental health issues
- Help employees to look after their own mental health
Mind in Tower Hamlets and Newham offers two types of Mental Health First Aid courses, with quality-assured MHFA instructors. The courses are designed for any staff member. Qualifications and previous experience in mental health are not necessary to take part.
MHFA is a two-day course that teaches participants how to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues and how to respond appropriately. You'll learn how to help people in your community, family or workplace, and practical skills to support someone while keeping yourself safe, as well as local service information for signposting people to. The 12-hour training programme is run over two days, from 10.00-17.00.
The MHFA Lite course has been designed to give an insight into mental health and to be a foundation for taking up mentoring, project support or further training, such as the two-day course.
We have a number of course dates you can book onto. Our current planned dates are below:
We can also deliver the two day course on site to organisations, subject to availability. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on group bookings.
Due to some of the sensitive subjects of this course, numbers are limited to 16 people. We want everyone to feel safe and our instructors can help if people find some parts difficult.
- Our WorkTake a look at the work we are doing in the local area
DonationsSupport our work and make a difference
VacanciesFind out about opportunities to join our team
ReviewsWe want to hear about your experience