- Adolescent Advocacy Newhan
- Advocacy Havering
- Advocacy Tower Hamlets
- Advocacy Newham NHS Complaints
- Inspire Mental Health Recovery Service
- RESET Drug and Alcohol Services
- Newham Bereavement Service
- Counselling - Newham
- Counselling - Tower Hamlets
- External Counselling Projects
- Newham Employment Service
- LEAP Programme
- Newham Activities
- Coping With Life
- Welfare Advice
- Workshops and Training
Get in Touch
13 Whitethorn Street London E3 4DA
Tel: 020 7510 1081
Fax: 020 7537 7944
Counselling - Newham
1. What do we offer?
We offer 8 weeks of one to one talking therapies (non CBT brief counselling) in the borough of Newham. This service provides a safe and confidential space to explore thoughts and feelings. People come to counselling to talk about a whole range of issues. Counselling can help people come to terms with or resolve certain issues, clarify ways to move forward or to release painful feelings.
MITHN Counselling Services are BACP Accredited and work to the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
2. Who is counselling for and where does it take place?
This service is only available to Newham residents over the age of 18. We have 4 locations where counselling will be carried out around Newham.
3. When is the counselling available?
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays from 9am-4pm
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5pm - 8pm
4. Is there a charge for the counselling?
There is no charge for this service.
5. How does it work?
You can self refer via the NHS IAPT Team by telephoning 020 8475 8080. They will carry out a telephone assessment to determine suitability for brief counselling with our service. Once a counsellor has been allocated, you will be seen for 8 weeks at one of the locations in Newham. The sessions take place once a week for 50 minutes for up to 8 consecutive weeks.
- Our WorkTake a look at the work we are doing in the local area
DonationsSupport our work and make a difference
VacanciesFind out about opportunities to join our team
ReviewsWe want to hear about your experience