- Clinical Placement Opportunities - NBS
- Executive Committee
- Fundraising for us
- Corporate Partners
- Mental Health First Aid
- Clinical Placement Opportunities Generic
- Psychology Work Experience Placement
Get in Touch
13 Whitethorn Street London E3 4DA
Tel: 020 7510 1081
Fax: 020 7537 7944
Clinical Placement Opportunities
We continually recruit Volunteer Counselling Opportunities throughout the year, if you are interested please download the documents below and check that you have met the criteria listed before applying:
- All applicants must be either in their second year or above of a recognised/accredited training institution, or be already qualified to a minimum of diploma level.
- All applicants must have a minimum of 50 hours of one to one clinically supervised counselling hours or be able to demonstrate one to one work experience within the mental health field.
- All trainees must have at least 20 hours of personal therapy and continue with therapy whilst on placement until qualified.
- All recruits must attend fortnightly group supervision provided by MITHN.
We are based in Whitethorn Street E3 4DA, but we also work on outreach projects, such as; counselling sixth form students in a local school, counselling parents in a local primary school, counselling the homeless and counselling the elderly. This service offers a three tier service of 6 weeks, 12 weeks, and 40 weeks of one to one counselling.
(Please note: 80% of clients are offered 12 weeks of counselling, 10% six weeks and 10% 40 weeks)
Placements for this service are based on a two year contract to see a minimum of three clients per week. One year contracts may be negotiated for therapists who have more experience or are working towards accreditation.
This counselling service is funded by Tower Hamlets Clinical Commissioning Group. We have up to 42 Clinical Placement positions and are recruiting throughout the year.
Newham Counselling Service
This is an IAPT NHS partnership between MiTHN and Newham Talking Therapies (ELFT) and is based over three different locations around Newham. This service offers 8 weeks of talking therapies (non-CBT)
Placements are based on a two year minimum contract to see a minimum of three clients per week. Some training opportunities offered by the NHS.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions, please download our person specification and our application form. You may email your form directly to our Counselling Coordinator at email@example.com
For further information, please call either 0207 510 4247 or 0207 510 4248 and speak to our counselling team.
- Our WorkTake a look at the work we are doing in the local area
DonationsSupport our work and make a difference
VacanciesFind out about opportunities to join our team
ReviewsWe want to hear about your experience