- Advocacy Volunteer
- Mental Health First Aid
- Volunteer Peer Leader Co-ordinator
- Volunteer Group Administrator
- Clinical Placement Opportunities - NBS
- Clinical Placement Opportunities Generic
- Psychology Work Experience Placement
- Corporate Partners
- Fundraising for us
- Executive Committee
Get in Touch
13 Whitethorn Street London E3 4DA
Tel: 020 7510 1081
Fax: 020 7537 7944
Clinical Placement Opportunities
We continually recruit Volunteer Counselling Opportunities throughout the year, if you are interested please download the documents below and check that you have met the criteria listed before applying:
- All applicants must be either in their second year or above of a recognised/accredited training institution, or be already qualified to a minimum of diploma level.
- All applicants must have a minimum of 50 hours of one to one clinically supervised counselling hours or be able to demonstrate one to one work experience within the mental health field.
- All trainees must have at least 20 hours of personal therapy and continue with therapy whilst on placement until qualified.
- All recruits must attend fortnightly group supervision provided by MITHN.
Tower Hamlets Counselling Service:
This counselling service is funded by Tower Hamlets Clinical Commissioning Group. We are based in Whitethorn Street, E3 4DA. This service offers 12 weeks of talking therapies.
Placements for this service are based on a two year contract to see a minimum of three clients per week. One year contracts may be negotiated for therapists who have more experience or are working towards accreditation. There are in-house training opportunities for placement counsellors.
Newham Counselling Service
This is an IAPT NHS partnership between MiTHN and Newham Talking Therapies (ELFT) and is based over three different locations around Newham. This service offers 8 weeks of talking therapies (non-CBT)
Placements are based on a two year contract to see a minimum of three clients per week. There are some training opportunities offered by the NHS.
How to apply:
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions, please download our person specification and our application form below. You may email your form directly to our Counselling Coordinator at email@example.com
For further information, please call either 0207 510 4247 or 0207 510 4248 and speak to our counselling team.
- Our WorkTake a look at the work we are doing in the local area
DonationsSupport our work and make a difference
VacanciesFind out about opportunities to join our team
ReviewsWe want to hear about your experience